KAIST Graduate School of Culture Technology discovering creative graduate students with potentials
- Digital Human Modeling/Animation
- Telepresence Avatar
- Computer Animation
sunghee.lee (at) kaist.ac.kr
Bldg. N5, Room 2333
+82 42 350 2925
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Seoul National University
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Seoul National University
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of California, Los Angeles (2008)
- Professor biography
Sung-Hee Lee’s research interests include modeling and animation of digital humans, avatars, and virtual characters for VR/AR, telepresence, computer game, and computer animation.
He received the Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from University of California, Los Angeles, USA, in 2008, and the B.S. and the M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering from Seoul National University, Korea, in 1996 and 2000, respectively.
He is currently an Associate Professor with the Graduate School of Culture Technology at KAIST. Prior to joining KAIST in 2013, he was an Assistant Professor at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) from 2010 to 2013, and a Postdoctoral researcher at UCLA from 2008 to 2009, and at Honda Research Institute, CA, from 2009 to 2010. He also has held positions at Rhythm & Hues Studios, CA, USA (Software Intern, 2008), Microsoft Research, WA, USA (Research Intern, 2007), Honda Research Institute, CA, USA (Research Intern, 2006), Korea Institute of Science and Technology (Visiting Scholar, 2003), and Samsung Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (Researcher, 2000-2002).
He was awarded Outstanding Ph.D. in Computer Science and Northrop Grumman Outstanding Graduate Research Award from UCLA in 2009, Achievement Award from Korea Society of Computer Graphics in 2016 and 2020, Research Innovation Award from KAIST College of Liberal Arts and Convergence Science in 2017 and 2019.
- Lecture subject
- GCT525 Motion Graphics
- CTP321 Introduction to Computer Game Technology
- Representative research
- Many papers published in ACM Transactions on Graphics
- IEEE TVCG for virtual characters and avatars
- Associate Professor, KAIST GSCT (2013-present)
- Assistant Professor, GIST (2010-2013)
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Honda Research USA (2009-2010)
- Samsung Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (1998-2000)